2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse Over Cave Creek Canyon - Sequence 3
The partial phases of the eclipse are captured in this time sequence. The interval between each photo was 3 minutes. Cave Creek Canyon is visible in the foreground and was imaged later in the day after sunrise from the same location.
Additional photos can be seen at: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse Photo Gallery.
For more information on this event, see: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse (NASA).
- Object: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse Over Cave Creek Canyon - Sequence 3
- Date/Time: 2012 June 04 from 11:09:32 to 11:39:32 UTC (3-minute intervals)
- Location: Portal, AZ
- Mount: Bogen 3001 Tripod
- Lens: Nikkor 18-200 VR at 120mm
- Camera: Nikon D200
- Exposure: 1/100s, f/8, ISO 320 (11 exposures + foreground)
- File Name: PLE2012-seq3w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Vignetting, Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS5): Combine in multiple layers, Lighten (blending mode), Vibrance, Curves, Masks
- Original Image Size: 2592 x 3872 pixels (10.2 MP); 8.6" x 12.9" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2012 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.